Judges will look for the following:
A. Most Creative Boat
- Meadow Gold and/or VIVA brand half-gallon milk cartons
must be visible on all sides of the boat.
- Design of boat.
- Boats may not have any sharp or protruding objects.
- Only clear packing tape is used.
- School flag.
- Types of paddles.
B. Most School Spirit
- Shirts bearing “Meadow Gold Milk Carton Regatta” and the school’s and/or team’s name.
- A scripted school and/or team cheer. Teams can shout, clap, jump, dance and use props.
- Each boat team’s cheer must be no longer than two minutes with a maximum of 12 students performing the cheer. If you
enter two boats, you may not combine your teams.
- Penalty: 5 points if there are more than 12 students.
C. Display Presentation
- Scientific & Technical Accuracy: Scientific principles understood,
and demonstrated, and problem studied thoroughly.
- Dramatic Value & Communication: Visual quality of exhibit
(attractiveness, involves the viewer). Clearly described and
explained, good use of language and graphics, easily read
presentation board. No computer presentations
There will be a 15-second penalty if displays are not