- Teachers for each participating team will receive a $100 check
at the Teacher Orientation in January. The money is for boat
materials, transportation, or other expenses. If your boat does
not participate in the Regatta, please return the $100 check to
Meadow Gold Dairies. (Check will be valid for only 6 months
after date of issue.)
- Teams are required to sign up for the Most School Spirit Competition by Monday, April 12, 2010 via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teams will be notified at least one week in advance of their
heat number and the team they will race.
- Teams are required to check-in from 7:30 to 7:45 AM on
Saturday, May 1. Teams that check-in after 8:00 AM will be
assessed a one-second penalty for every five minutes that
they are late. For example, if a team checks-in at 8:12 AM they
will be assessed a three-second penalty.
- Upon check-in, each team must designate the teacher/educator
or team representative that will be stationed at the water
during the team’s heat. The representative (Team Captain)
will be given a T-shirt identifying him or her as the team rep.
- Teams will be assigned a set-up area on the beach in sequential
order according to their division and heat.
- All boats will undergo a pre-race inspection that will begin
at 7:30 AM on Saturday, May 1.
- Meadow Gold reserves the right to disqualify any boat
that does not comply with the Boat Rules.
- The Regatta day Program will begin at 8:30 AM.
- Judging of the Display Presentations will begin at
approximately 8:00 AM. Each team is required to have one
representative present at the time of judging to answer any
questions from the judges. Presentations will be judged in
sequence according to division and heat number.
- The Most Creative Boat judging will begin at 7:30 AM.
Teams must have a representative present with their boat for
the judging. Boats will be judged in sequence according to
division and heat number.
- The Most School Spirit Competition and judging will begin
at approx. 11:30 AM. Teams will perform in sequence according
to division and heat number. This is an optional activity.
- The Middle School Division race will begin at
approximately 9:00 AM, following the completion of the Most
Creative Boat judging. The High School Division race will begin
immediately following the completion of the Middle School Race.
- The Celebrity Race will take place after the Teachers’
Race at approximately 11:15 AM. Teams that would like to
offer their boats should notify Maude Tanaka via e-mail as soon
as possible. Great media exposure for the school!
- The awards ceremony will take place approximately 30-45
minutes following the completion of the High School Division
race. Final points and standings will be calculated during this
- During the calculation period, teams can pick up their food and